SafeTalk is a half day course that was developed by LivingWorks Education. The course provides training for individuals in the community who are over the age of 15 to become suicide alert helpers.
As a suicide alert helper, you’ll be trained to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present.
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked.
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide.
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep Safe.
- Know what resources are available in the community and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help.
For further information and upcoming courses, please contact the
Education & Training Coordinator at:
Phone: (204) 677-6051