The purpose of the Canadian Mental Health Association Residential Services Program is to provide housing support to clients in the Northern Health Region. Participants would link up with these services through our Psychosocial Rehabilitation Intake Worker . The emphasis of all of our housing programs are on providing support while focusing on the strengths of the individual – encouraging their use of personal, family and community based resources to maintain their optimal level of mental health; and to maintain or enhance their community living status.
We support individuals to gain the skills needed to lead satisfying and successful lives in the community; help clients access and secure a stable income; and provide the skills and support needed to ensure long term success in the housing of their choice. Our goal is to encourage our clients to take the first slow and difficult steps toward a more secure and independent lifestyle.
Through referrals and contacts, we also:
- Assist clients to acquire and enhance skills and supports.
- Assist clients to live as independently as possible.
- Provide employment related supports.
- Provide practical assistance and support regarding advocacy.
- Provide one-on-one support as required.
- Link clients to appropriate mental health, social and medical services.
- Assist in obtaining income benefits necessary to secure transitional or permanent housing in the community; and housing placement assistance.
- Participation in other CMHA programs is encouraged and referrals are made to other community programs.
We do not provide counseling, therapy, or treatment for mental illness, but we do provide referrals to other services you require.
Housing Facilities include:
- Transitional Housing
- Arrow’s Path (C.O.D.I. Program)
- Community Housing
If you have any questions and concerns please call our Housing Coordinator at
(204) 677-6057 or email: email@example.com.
Download the program pamphlet.